The partners at Fund Balance are delighted to recommend to our friends and subscribers the Social Change Film Festival (SCFF). SCFF is led-up by economist Cynthia Phillips and her Global Change Media initiative.
The event features Robert Redford’s new movie Watershed, the new movie about climate change called Chasing Ice, the new fracking film, Dear Governor Cuomo, along with Angelina Jolie’s film In the Land of Blood and Honey, among many fine entries.
Additional highlists of the event include:
- 8 Feature-length world-class social change films (plus
- Shorts) at multiple venues
- 4 days of workshops led by our international faculty of
- filmmakers and industry professionals
- Town Hall: Communities of Resilience – Sharing and supporting ideas, dialogue, and action in the face of crisis
- Activist Awards Gala – A Celebration of Local and
- Global Activism
- Filmmaker “Behind the Scenes” & “The Making Of” discussions
- Crowd-sourced social action ideas related to film topics
- Global Online Screening Room
- Television Distribution available to over 20 million households
- Awards ceremony honoring the world’s most poignant and
- inspiring social change films
- Lively networking events with industry professionals
- broadcasters and distributors
- Multicultural relationship building and global networking
Both the SCFF app and screening room are up on the web.
The Festival is happening now in New Orleans. The gala event is Friday November 30, 2012, and the festival wraps Sunday December 2, 2012. The content is going out on LiveStream and is being recorded for the launch of a new satellite and LiveStream channel in January. If you are in the area stop and participate. Or for $25 in the U.S. and $10 for international, you can engage and enjoy the SCFF activities and content online.
This is a great opportunity for anyone at the intersection of culture and social change, impact investing, cleantech and social enterprise.